The Bagaduce Music Lending Library houses the world's largest widely-available printed music collection. Our collection spans the spectrum of styles and periods from string quartets, choral music and piano for two and four hands and up to 32 hands for 8 pianos, to madrigals and motets, opera, and contemporary popular music. All are available for borrowing. We lend to most locations around the globe.
The collection continues to grow. We receive frequent donations from individuals and organizations from all over the world.
Our collection of more than 250,000 titles of printed music is shelved and grouped into 6 major categories:
- Choral Music
- Keyboard Music
- Instrumental Music
- Vocal Music
- Maine Music Collection
- Reference Section
- Multiple copies of over 2,000 major choral works.
- Complete parts to thousands of pieces for chamber ensembles of all sizes.
- One of the world's largest collections of vintage, popular American vocal sheet music.
- An unparalleled collection of piano pieces for multiple performers and instruments.
- The official Maine State Collection of music about Maine and by Maine composers.